Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Saga Continues...

So yall know that Moose has been my little incident boy--
Well is seems that from the moment I put him in my lap he has had stomach trouble
(throwing up in my lap on the way home for the first time)
We went to the vet (again) on Friday. There are 3 vets at the clinic, Moose has seen all of them at one time or another... Well the one we saw on Friday is my favorite- very through, asks lots of questions, listens... After a long exam he suggested that Moose has an ulcer, brought on by acid reflux-
He told me about his own shelter dog that is a shepherd mix that stresses very easily and has to stay on acid reducers.

I was relieved to have an answer that makes some amount of sense- Moose is very "sensitive", seperation anxiety being a constant issue. Happily after only 2 days on the meds Moose's appetite has improved 100%. His tummy is still bothering him some. But I'm so glad to see he is eating, this is really a first since i've had him that I haven't had to encourage him to eat!
So slow but sure- hopefully it continues to improve :)

1 comment: