Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Life...

The celebration of completing my Masters was short lived. A got to spend a long weekend on the with some amazing friends and many days soaking up the sun by the pool.
The rest of the summer was jam-packed with studying for State Boards.

The moment of euphoria was well the effort as I was told that I passed the National Counselors Examination. I spent the rest of August basking in the glow of being done studying for the rest of my life (If I choose…)

My relaxing was interrupted as my plan of leaving my current job took an unexpected toll. I was offered a promotion to assistant supervisor.

This left me with so many decisions to make a very short amount of time… My housing situation would come to an end at the beginning of the new year… So I knew whatever path I chose I would be homeless come January--- and not only me, my boy Moose as well.
I accepted the promotion letting it be common knowledge that I did not plan on staying much past the first of the year.

I wanted to leave the door open for God to move me wherever he planned. And tried not to tie myself down to a lease or obligation. I had (and still have) no doubt that God has a specific plan and has the place chosen for me to be. I must be still and wait for instruction.

I had arranged to stay with Friend’s the first few months of 2011, but a turn of events resulted in my housing plans falling through. In frustration and desperation I messaged some friends that have always been a support to me since living in San Angelo. I lived with them for a summer during college and really did not intend on burdening them again. After the “turn of events” happened (right before the new year ) I did not have much of a choice but to call upon these always faithful friends. I am also blessed to have an amazing sister who has been taking care of Moose for me while I am in this time of transition….

Since moving into their home I have been undoubtedly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing godly people. God is moving more than I have ever seen even in this challenging “season”.

More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment